Since 2015, the eCommerce economy has grown massively and is expected to continue its upward trajectory and rapid growth. This opportunity for success and sustainability is exciting for any company.
Whether you’ve already been involved with the launch of an eCommerce business in the past or are looking to get involved with your first venture now is the time to get your foot in the door.
While the eCommerce economy is poised for significant growth in the coming months and years, you can only expect to see results if you approach it in the right way. That means focusing on the following critical tips for eCommerce success.
- Don’t rush the launch.
- One of the biggest mistakes unsuccessful eCommerce businesses make are that they force or rush the launch of a website.
- You only get one shot at launching your website and you can’t mess this up.
- Taking help and advice from relevant companies is key, and will help your business get off to the successful start you want it to.
- While it’s good to purchase your domain name and throw up some sort of “Coming Soon” page, you should avoid the big reveal until you’ve laid some substantial ground work.
- Focus on your Customers & Users.
- It’s no secret that the biggest shortcoming of eCommerce businesses is the inability to let their customers touch, feel, smell, and see products before making a decision.
- While there’s currently no solution for solving this problem, you can compensate for this deficiency in other areas of the business.
- Make sure they know there getting a good product, explain and show them that they are your number one focus!
- Test absolutely everything.
- Before, during and after you launch any eCommerce business, you should invest in testing and analytics.
- Act as if you are the customer and figure out what’s working, what’s not, and the answers behind those questions you may have, to fix them before launching.
- Plug your Social Media.
- Social media is the heartbeat of your business, as it gives you an uninterrupted glance into the lives of your customers.
- It allows you to interact with your customers 24/7 within a network that is accessible on multiple platforms.
- Incorporate social elements.
- Going along with the previous tip, it’s a great idea to include social elements on your eCommerce sites.
- Things like product reviews and testimonials follow buttons and even social login options all help the conversion funnel.
- Go mobile.
- As most of us already know, tablets and mobile phones are playing a crucial role in today’s online business and according to a research, worldwide consumers are going to spend via mobile from $204 billion in 2014 to $626 billion in 2018.
- If you aren’t building eCommerce businesses with mobile in mind, you may be irrelevant in three to five years.
- Stay on top of your SEO.
- As the eCommerce economy experiences rapid growth, more and more businesses will be entering this increasingly crowded space.
- That means it will be more important than ever to stay on top of SEO in order to stand out from the competition.
- Make sure you are the first to come up and be the most relevant in your industry!
- Continue evolving.
- Finally, never stop evolving. Technology, trends and customer tastes will change, and so must you if you want to succeed in such a variable market.
With these eight tips, you can be well on your way to becoming a successful eCommerce-based entrepreneur.