- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
MORE ABOUT OUR COOKIES
Website Function Cookies
Our Own Cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Remembering your preferences such as colours, text size and layout
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
VISITOR STATISTICS COOKIES
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
You can learn more about online advertising at www.youronlinechoices.com. You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn’t as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won’t see adverts, just simply that they won’t be tailored to you any longer.
We show adverts as you browse our site. These adverts are usually managed by a partner specialising in providing adverts for services and products. If you click on one of these adverts, then you will always be taken to a page on one of our websites rather than a partner website.
TURNING COOKIES OFF
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with anti-spyware software.
EU COOKIE LEGISLATION
The above cookie information supports the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (PECR). The amending UK legislation is available online here – www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/1208/made